[rdo-list] CentOS OpsTools (logging, monitoring, etc.) SIG proposal

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri May 20 14:12:41 UTC 2016

We are trying to start up a CentOS OpsTools SIG
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup for logging, monitoring, etc.

The intention is that this would be the upstream for development and
packaging of tools related to logging (EFK stack, etc.), monitoring, and
other opstools, as a single place where packages can be consumed by RDO,
OpenShift Origin, and other upstream projects - pool our resources,
share the lessons learned, and enable cross project log aggregation and
correlation (e.g. running OpenShift on top of OpenStack on top of
Ceph/Gluster - do my OpenShift application errors correlate with Nova
errors?  file system errors?).  This would also be a place for
installers (puppet manifests, ansible playbooks), and possibly
testing/CI and containers.

If you are interested, please chime in in the email thread:
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2016-May/014777.html