[Rdo-list] [tripleo-quickstart] Patches and more patches

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Sun Mar 20 21:32:39 UTC 2016

Hello fellow tripleo-quickstarters;

There are a pile of my patches in the queue right now, so I wanted to
present a summary to help sort them out.

266425   larsks   use nthhost filter to derive floating ip values
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266425
266527   larsks   derive network settings in undercloud.conf
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266527
266815   larsks   pingtest must respect floating ip range
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266815

  These three patches make it easier to specify an address range for
  the undercloud and for the floating ip networks created during
  overcloud validation.  They also (266815) make sure that our
  validation scripts respect the address range we configure.

266446   larsks   teach quickstart.sh about --no-clone
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266446

  This is primarily a developer optimization that makes it easier to
  test quickstart.sh against a local working copy (which removes the
  requirement of first posting changes to gerrit so they can be
  obtained using the '-g' flag to quickstart.sh).

266269   larsks   support targeting localhost
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266269

  This ensures that both "quickstart.sh some.remote.host" and
  "quickstart.sh localhost" will work.  Note that at the moment
  changes between this patch and the previous one (266446) are
  conflated; I'm going to try sort these out this evening.

266680   larsks   add overcloud hosts to /etc/hosts
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266680
266748   larsks   generate ssh config on undercloud
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266748

  These are convenience patches.  The first adds the names of
  overcloud hosts to /etc/hosts on the undercloud, and the second adds
  an ssh configuration on the undercloud that means you don't need to
  specify 'heat-admin@' when logging in to overcloud hosts.  So once
  logged into the undercloud, you can...

      ssh overcloud-controller-0

  ...and it Just Works.

266574   larsks   ensure local_working_dir exists
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266574
266633   larsks   grant libvirt access to non-root user
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266633
266635   larsks   ensure XDG_RUNTIME_DIR is set
                  https://review.gerrithub.io/266635

  These are small maintenance packages.  The last makes sure that
  `virsh` will operate correctly when accessing the unprivileged user
  account via `su -` in addition to direct ssh access.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | http://blog.oddbit.com/