[Rdo-list] Blog posts from the last two weeks

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 14 19:55:38 UTC 2016

I was traveling much of last week, so we have two weeks of blog posts to
catch you up on, and there's some really good ones in here.

"RDO Manager" is now "TripleO", by K Rain Leander

Because of its unique branding and name, one might assume that "RDO
Manager" is not TripleO - perhaps it has additional downstream patches
or maybe they're entirely different projects. You would not be alone
because the community, the users and the developers alike have shared
their confusion on this topic.

… read more at http://tm3.org/58

Creating an additional host for a Tripleo overcloud, by Adam Young

I’ve been successful following the steps to get a Tripleo deployment. I
now need to add another server to host the Identity Management and
Federation services. Here’s the steps:

… read more at http://tm3.org/59

OpenStack Montreal: A talk about CI in OpenStack and RDO, by David
Moreau Simard

OpenStack Montreal is a meetup that happens around every 2 months in
Montreal. We talk and discuss about different OpenStack topics with
interests for developers, users and operators. If you’d like to keep up
with the event, attend (or present a topic!), please subscribe to the
mailing list to be notified when something’s going on.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5a

Packstack gates against itself by David Moreau Simard

Today I made an announcement on both openstack-dev and rdo-list that
Packstack was going to gate against itself.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5b

RDO Kilo ML2&OVS&VLAN Mutti Node Deployment on Fedora 23 by Boris Derzhavets

To complete packstack run for two nodes Controller/Network and Compute
setup I had to apply as pre-installation following patches, otherwise
neutron puppet crashed on Fedora 23 :-

… read more at http://tm3.org/5c

How i started contributing to the RDO Project by Chandan Kumar

During my internship period at Red Hat, Kushal used to play with
OpenStack and got a problem that a created instance is not able to get a
public IP address so that he can access it from outside.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5d

What Can Talk To What on the OpenStack Message Broker by Adam Young

If a hypervisor is compromised, the Nova Compute instance running on
that node is also compromised. If the compute instance is compromised,
then its access to the Message Queue has to be considered tainted as
well. What degree of risk does this pose?

… read more at http://tm3.org/5e

Status of Python 3 in OpenStack Mitaka by Victor Stinner

Now that most OpenStack services have reached feature freeze for the
Mitaka cycle (November 2015-April 2016), it’s time to look back on the
progress made for Python 3 support.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5f

Setup DVR on RDO Liberty Controller && 2(x)Computes ML2/OVS/VLAN
landscape by Boris Derzhavets

Just a reminder in Juno and Kilo DVR was available for deployments using
VXLAN tunneling and required l2population activation on all nodes. One
of new features of Liberty is DVR compatibility with ML2&OVS&VLAN
deployed landscapes. On RDO Liberty packstack doesn't play so nicely
doing VLAN deployment as in case of VXLAN tunneling. Attempt to use old
templates for answer file just does all configs properly only on
Controller/Network Node.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5g

OpenStack Infra: Jenkins Jobs by Arie Bregman

A few days ago, while adding a new job to OpenStack Infra, I realized
how difficult it must be for newcomers ( to OpenStack) to understand how
OpenStack CI works and make new changes. The OpenStack Infra
documentation coverage of each project is great and very detailed , but
connecting the dots, which assembles the complete work-flow can be a
complex task for anyone.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5h

Glance Mitaka: Passing the torch by Flavio Percoco

I'm not going to run for Glance's PTL position for the Newton timeframe.
There are many motivations behind this choice. Some of them I'm willing
to discuss in private if people are interested but I'll go as far as
saying there are personal and professional reasons for me to not run again.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5i

HA support for DVR centralized default SNAT functionality on RDO Mitaka
Milestone 3 by Boris Derzhavets

Verification been done bellow is actually targeting conversion of
HAProxy/Keepalived (Active/Active) 3 Node Controller which design was
suggested for RDO Liberty in
https://github.com/beekhof/osp-ha-deploy/blob/master/HA-keepalived.md to
be able support Compute Nodes running in DVR mode. The core issue on
Liberty was resolved for Mitaka , see upstream record [RFE] Unable to
create a router that's both HA and distributed General concepts
(DVR/SNAT) are explained here Distributed Virtual Routing – SNAT

… read more at http://tm3.org/5j

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/