[Rdo-list] Triple on sdcard

Ignacio Bravo ibravo at ltgfederal.com
Fri Mar 11 18:41:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have been using Rdo Manager (Tripleo) to deploy outflows and wanted to check a couple of functionalities with the group.

We are deploying on blade servers which are good for compute but very bad for storage, as they only support two drives plus an sdcard each.

I read that there was some work to deploy ceph on the compute nodes, which would be optimal for our scenario. Do you guys know how this is coming along?

A second alternative is to deploy the overcloud image on an sdcard and boot from there leaving the two disks to be used for ceph. We got 64gb cards but were surprised when the ironic introspection returned just 15gb as available for installation, under the minimum of 40gb of the overcloud image.
Has anyone been able to deploy on an sdcard using ironic?

Thanks,
IB

-
Ignacio Bravo