[Rdo-list] My router GWY is down and can not allocate floating IP

Marius Cornea marius at remote-lab.net
Tue Feb 16 19:17:33 UTC 2016

Hi,

There are a couple of things that you can check:

First, let's see if the public facing connectivity to the router is
working properly:

1. Check if you can reach the router's public IP
2. Check if you can reach the the default gateway from the router namespace:
ip netns exec qrouter-2d9b71f1-6e54-4a05-a0fb-0680233d6dea ip a
ip netns exec qrouter-2d9b71f1-6e54-4a05-a0fb-0680233d6dea ip r
ip netns exec qrouter-2d9b71f1-6e54-4a05-a0fb-0680233d6dea ping 10.254.102.1
3. Do you want to enable dhcp on the public subnet?

Second, check the instance log if it received an IP address via dhcp
and it was able to reach the metadata server. You should be able to
see this via nova console-log or in Horizon.

Since you are using vlan networks you should check that the
/etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/openvswitch_agent.ini contains the correct
bridge_mappings - physnet1 is mapped to the bridge that contains the
physical nic where vlans 10,15 are passed through.  Also check that
external_network_bridge is set to an empty value in
/etc/neutron/l3_agent.ini

Here is a guide on how to deploy Neutron with an existing external
network, hope it helps:
https://www.rdoproject.org/networking/neutron-with-existing-external-network/

Thanks,
Marius