[Rdo-list] OpenStack Summit RDO brochure, demos

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Feb 16 14:32:09 UTC 2016

For OpenStack Summit in Austin, we'll once again have a demo pod where
we'll be showing off what we're doing. I know it seems like a long way
off, but it'll be here sooner than we expect.

I have two requests.

1) We're trying, this time, to have our demos be more solution-oriented.
Like, instead of saying "here's this cool software", rather, saying,
"here's something cool that people are doing with it." If you are doing
interesting things with RDO, would you consider putting together a brief
demo - possibly a video or slide deck? - of what you're doing, so that
we can use it in the demo pod?

2) We are going to have a one-page handout for the booth. On the front
it will talk about what RDO is, along with the various related upstream
projects such as ManageIQ, Ceph, NFV, and so on. On the back, we want to
have some user stories or quotes, once again illustrating that this
stuff is actually useful in the real world. Would any of you be willing
to provide a quote, and/or a one-paragraph description of the way that
you're using RDO (or any of these other projects) in your organization?

The deadline for #2 is the end of this week. The deadline for #1 is
still a month or so out.

Thanks!

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison