[rdo-list] tripleo ha topology

Bruce Tan brucetan at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Dec 15 13:48:24 UTC 2016

>From a Hi-Availability point of view, I would say that
1. HAProxy is the mechanism to manage multiple copies of actual openstack services (e.g. MariaDB).
So when one service stops, HAProxy will load-balance or fail-over to the rest instance(s), and such services will not be single point of failure.

2. Similarly, we need a fail-over mechanism for HAProxy, or the HAProxy will be a single point of failure. And hence the pacemaker.
We use pacemaker to ensure that when one HAProxy service (instance) fails, some other instance will take over.

Best regards,
Bruce Tan