[Rdo-list] Follow up on Ceph and TripleO discussion @ Austin

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 00:51:41 UTC 2016

>From my past discussions with the Ceph team, it doesn't look like
there are plans to provide upstream self-contained repositories for
Ceph, at least in the short term.

I reached out today to the maintainer of the Ceph storage SIG repository [1].
Right now, Hammer is available and is included when you install
"centos-release-openstack-mitaka" on CentOS.

There are no plans to provide the Infernalis release but they really
want to ship Jewel as it will be a long lived and supported version.
The current estimate for Jewel brings us to the summer.

It's all down to time constraints, it seems like they could use some
help if anyone is interested in providing assistance with this
initiative.

If nothing has changed, the only dependency that isn't provided out of
the box is leveldb.
Perhaps another alternative would be to bring leveldb into the base OS
repositories but that seems unlikely unless someone is willing to do
that work.
This is definitely uncharted territory for me.

[1]: https://github.com/CentOS-Storage-SIG/ceph

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]