[Rdo-list] RDO blogs, week of April 4

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 20:07:18 UTC 2016

Here's what RDO engineers are blogging about lately

Who can +2 a patch? by Adam Young

You are trying to push along a patch…and it dawns on you that you have
no idea who to ask. The answer is out there.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5s

The OpenStack Schizophrenia by Julien Danjou

When I started contributing to OpenStack, almost five years ago, it was
a small ecosystem. There were no foundation, a handful of projects and
you could understand the code base in a few days. Fast forward 2016, and
it is a totally different beast. The project grew to no less than 54
teams, each team providing one or more deliverable. For example, the
Nova and Swift team each one produces one service and its client,
whereas the Telemetry team produces 3 services and 3 different clients.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5t

Improving QEMU security part 1: crypto code consolidation by Daniel P.
Berrangé

This blog is part 1 of a series I am writing about work I’ve completed
over the past few releases to improve QEMU security related features.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5u

Improving QEMU security part 2: generic TLS support by Daniel P. Berrangé

This blog is part 2 of a series I am writing about work I’ve completed
over the past few releases to improve QEMU security related features.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5v

Improving QEMU security part 3: securely passing in credentials by
Daniel P. Berrangé

This blog is part 3 of a series I am writing about work I’ve completed
over the past few releases to improve QEMU security related features.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5w

Improving QEMU security part 4: generic I/O channel framework to
simplify TLS by Daniel P. Berrangé

This blog is part 4 of a series I am writing about work I’ve completed
over the past few releases to improve QEMU security related features.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5x

St. Louis OpenStack Meetup by Rich Bowen

On Tuesday evening I had the privilege of addressing the St. Louis
OpenStack Meetup group. I gave an Introduction to OpenStack presentation
to about 30 attendees, many of whom were indeed OpenStack beginners, or
just beginning to research what this OpenStack thing is all about.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5y

FreeIPA for Tripleo by Adam Young

My last post showed how to allocate an additional VM for Tripleo. Now
I’m going to go through the steps to deploy FreeIPA on it. However,
since I went through all of the effort to write Ossipee and Rippowam, I
am going to use those to do the heavy lifting.

… read more at http://tm3.org/5z

Setup Docker Hypervisor on Multi Node DVR Cluster RDO Mitaka by Boris
Derzhavets

DVR && Nova-Docker Driver (stable/mitaka) tested fine on RDO Mitaka
build 20160329) with no issues described in previous notice for RDO Liberty

… read more at http://tm3.org/5-

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/