[Rdo-list] REMINDER: RDO Liberty test day tomorrow

Graeme Gillies ggillies at redhat.com
Wed Sep 23 07:08:16 UTC 2015

On 09/23/2015 05:06 PM, Graeme Gillies wrote:
> On 09/23/2015 02:25 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> Don't forget - we'll be doing a Liberty test day September 23rd and
>> 24th. Details are here:
>> http://beta.rdoproject.org/testday/rdo-test-day-liberty-01/
>>
>> You can update that page, and the associated test scenarios page, at
>> https://github.com/redhat-openstack/website
>>
>> Thanks, and "see" you tomorrow.
>>

> Hi,
>
> So I've documented my testing of using RDO Manager with liberty today at
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IFOhksP55K
>
> I've encountered a few problems (some of which I think are serious
> problems worth of a BZ, for example there is an issue there I think
> breaks all node introspection due to malformed ipxe templates).
>
> I wasn't able to get a deployment going 100% successfully, I'm now
> hitting an issue with os-net-config not adding my devices to my ovs bond
> (might be a bug in os-net-config or openvswitch), but I will continue to
> try tomorrow.
>
> Overall it's actually quite promising, I think once I have this last
> issue ironed out I think I should be able to do successful deployments.
>
> Regards,
>
> Graeme

Once last thing I forgot to mention, is updating from
undercloud/overcloud kilo to undercloud/overcloud liberty supposed to be
a supported test scenario? If so, I think there will be a number of
issues with instack-install-undercloud not being completely idempotent
that will cause things to fail.

Regards,

Graeme

--