[Rdo-list] RDO Liberty and Fedora - details for openstack-* maintainers

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 15:59:48 UTC 2015

> On 16 Sep 2015, at 01:37, Alan Pevec <apevec at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Subject: RDO Liberty and Fedora  - details for openstack-* maintainers
>

> As a followup, here are few notes for the package maintainers, until
> rdo-packaging documentation is updated with this workflow.
>
> distgit will be rdo-liberty branch on gerrithub/openstack-packages,
> create it from Fedora master and squash merge rpm-master:
>
> git remote add -f gerrit
> ssh://review.gerrithub.io:29418/openstack-packages/$PROJECT # skip if
> already present
> git-review -s
> git remote add -f fedora
> git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/openstack-$PROJECT.git # skip if already
> present
> git branch rdo-liberty fedora/master
> git checkout rdo-liberty
> git merge --squash gerrit/rpm-master
> git reset HEAD .gitignore sources .gitreview
> git checkout .gitignore sources
>
> Resolve conflicts in .spec file
> Set correct Liberty Version: for your project
> Release: field should be pre-release 0.N until GA
> e.g. openstack-keystone.spec
>
> %global release_name liberty
> %global pypi_name keystone
> %global milestone .0b3
>
> %{!?upstream_version: %global upstream_version %{version}%{?milestone}}
>
> Name:           openstack-keystone
> Epoch:          1
> Version:        8.0.0
> Release:        0.3%{?milestone}%{?dist}
>
> Get the source tarball for the current milestone e.g. milestone 3:
> Source0:
> http://launchpad.net/%{pypi_name}/%{release_name}/%{release_name}-3/+download/%{pypi_name}-%{upstream_version}.tar.gz
> If Source0: is like above, rdopkg new-version --bump-only
> $UPSTREAM_VERSION should work.
>
> Preserve Kilo patches if any: ideally, RDO packages are pure upstream
> and don't need any patches in RPM
> -patches branches are as before in github/redhat-openstack/$PROJECT
> but since there isn't Fedora:OpenStack 1:1 anymore, branch name for
> RDO Liberty RPM patches will be liberty-patches.
>
> You might want to archive old changelog entries in ChangeLog.old like
> done for Kilo GA
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/openstack-nova.git/commit/ChangeLog.old?id=8945622d349ef552dbc182f60485f6807d7c8708
> When done:
> git commit -m "Update to Liberty"
> git push -u gerrit rdo-liberty:rdo-liberty
>
> For packages already in Fedora, build Liberty versions in Rawhide and
> ping apevec or number80 on Freenode #rdo for CloudSIG EL7 build.
>
> If you get stuck, please ping us on IRC and/or reply to this thread!
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

First, thanks for the detailed plan, I think I got thru it, mostly.

One thing I want to note is that with the high number of packages I maintain, and usual lack of time to go thru rebasing it for each milestone, I would be very glad to see maintainers offloaded of the duty to apply those manual steps, since they all can be automated, assuming that there are no differences in Fedora distgit comparing to delorean.

Ihar