[Rdo-list] Fwd: Student project

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 14:40:52 UTC 2015

On 09/14/2015 01:24 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> The following message is from the University outreach program at Red
> Hat. I wonder if anybody has any ideas for something that we could
> recommend to a university student to work on for a semester. I expect
> that we would need to do some hand-holding to help them along
> (depending on the idea).

I have numerous Keystone based projects I can point them at.

A very interesting one is Basic-Auth Federation against Keystone. This
would show how an application could use the existing user database in
SQL to authenticate in an application.  mod_auth_dbm should be able to
talk to the Keystone database directly.  This would be a good step
toward upstream cleanup of the Identity vs. Authorization sides of
Keystone, too.

Personally, I would love to see someone try to get director to deploy
multiple overclouds to the same undercloud.  Perhaps some steps toward
this would be a possible effort, too.