[Rdo-list] RDO Manager GUI install with Ceph

Ignacio Bravo ibravo at ltgfederal.com
Wed Sep 9 17:26:21 UTC 2015

Dan,

Thanks for your tips. It seems like there is an issue with the networking piece, as that is where all the nodes are in building state. I have something similar to this for each one of the Controller nodes:

| NetworkDeployment                 | cac8c93b-b784-4a91-bc23-1a932bb1e62f          | OS::TripleO::SoftwareDeployment                   | CREATE_IN_PROGRESS | 2015-09-09T15:22:10Z | 1               |
| UpdateDeployment                  | 97359c35-d2c7-4140-98ed-24525ee4be6b          | OS::Heat::SoftwareDeployment                      | CREATE_IN_PROGRESS | 2015-09-09T15:22:10Z | 1               |

Following your advice, I was trying to ssh into the nodes, but didn’t know what username/password combination to use. I tried root, heat-admin, stack with different password located in /home/stack/triple0-overcloud-passwords but none of the combinations seemed to work.

BTW, I am using the instructions from https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/docs/master/basic_deployment/basic_deployment_cli.html <https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/docs/master/basic_deployment/basic_deployment_cli.html> and installing in an HP c7000 Blade enclosure.

Thanks,
IB

__
Ignacio Bravo
LTG Federal, Inc
www.ltgfederal.com <http://www.ltgfederal.com/>
Office: (703) 951-7760

> On Sep 9, 2015, at 11:40 AM, Dan Sneddon <dsneddon at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Did that error happen after a long time, like 4 hours? I have seen that error
> when the deploy was actually hung, and the token timeout gets reached and then
> every API call gets an authentication failed response. Unfortunately, you'll
> need to diagnose what part of the deployment is failing. Here's what I usually
> do:
>
> # Get state of all uncompleted resources
> heat resource-list overcloud -n 5 | grep -iv complete
>
> # Look closer at failed resources from above command
> heat resource-show <UUID>
>
> nova list
> (then ssh as heat-admin to the nodes and check for network connectivity and
> errors in the logs)
>
> -Dan Sneddon

>>> 2. How to delete my configuration and redeploy using the CLI
>>> 3. Finally, if there is any scripted or explained way to perform an HA