[Rdo-list] Overcloud controller UI

Richards, Jeff jrichar1 at ball.com
Wed Oct 21 13:34:38 UTC 2015

A few days ago I was finally able to setup a 1+1 basic deploy all virtual. Now I am trying to get into the overcloud controller dashboard. I fixed some issues with the Apache config on the overcloud controller with server name aliases causing problems, then I fixed a bug with the Django CACHES setting (passing a list for Location which crashes LocMemCache).  Then I figured out that Keystone handles the authentication and where the username/pass were.

I can now log in successfully with the admin account, but the dashboard just redirects back to the login screen immediately (logs show successful login). Any tips on where to start learning how to enable the dashboard? I'm not sure where to go from here other than diving into the Horizon python code.

Jeff Richards