[Rdo-list] Software Factory for RDO experiment

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 10:24:24 UTC 2015

> One thing that I dont understand here is what value this adds over the
> CentOS Build Services.. we can integrate with an existing source control
> setup ( or use git.c.o ) and we can do fairly extensive test hosting and
> a release cadence built on that.
>
> Or is the intention here to host software-factory as a RDO specific UI
> backed by the CentOS pipeline ?

We would keep CBS for final, production builds.
I'd like to imagine SF as an additional service provided in the CentOS
community for all projects to use, not just RDO/Cloud SIG!
Value add AFAICT is that it combines tools in one nice UI and enables
automated workflows e.g. I would like to see bot proposing gerrit
changes to bump versions in spec Requires: when upstream
global-requirements are changed.
I'm discovering what SF can do myself, but it looks promising.

Cheers,
Alan