[Rdo-list] Software Factory for RDO experiment

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Oct 14 09:30:41 UTC 2015

On 13/10/15 19:43, Haïkel wrote:
> As David said, our infrastructure is scattered and as been a
> constantly moving target so I'd consider this a step toward the right
> direction.
>
> The advantages of this proposal being:
> 1. stable infrastructure => less time spent on fixing the infrastructure
> 2. customizable workflow thanks to zuul which could only result in
> improving quality
> 3. close the gap between upstream and downstream infrastructure
> 4. self-hosted on RDO => that's a very important one
>
> I don't see any real negative points, so unless someone has a
> different proposal, I suggest that we start with a PoC.
> As the Liberty cycle is about to finish, we'll get some bandwidth to
> work on our infrastructure so this is the best time to discuss this.
>
> Consolidating our infrastructure is a primary goal to open up RDO
> governance further.

One thing that I dont understand here is what value this adds over the
CentOS Build Services.. we can integrate with an existing source control
setup ( or use git.c.o ) and we can do fairly extensive test hosting and
a release cadence built on that.

Or is the intention here to host software-factory as a RDO specific UI
backed by the CentOS pipeline ?

--
Karanbir Singh