[Rdo-list] [rdo-manager] Proof of concept private cloud setup

Richards, Jeff jrichar1 at ball.com
Mon Oct 12 21:36:56 UTC 2015

Is it possible at this stage to setup an ultra-simple private cloud using RDO Manager just to demonstrate that it works as a consumer?  I have tried twice now, CentOS 7 libvirt+kvm, all virtual and failed twice.

First try was with these docs and repos:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/

http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7/current-tripleo/delorean.repo (and associated other repos per docs)

This failed with a puppet error (unknown type) on overcloud deployment (update failed). Felt like I was 90% of the way there then hit a brick wall.

Second try was with:

https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/

http://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-liberty/current-passed-ci/delorean.repo (and associated other repos per docs)

This one crashed and burned on instack setup (parse error: invalid string immediately after setup-seed-vm).

Am I using incorrect repos or documentation?

Thanks!

Jeff Richards