[Rdo-list] Check progress of overcloud deployment

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 17:16:32 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 11:29:51AM -0400, Ignacio Bravo wrote:
>    Hi,
>    What is the best way to track the progress of the overcloud installation
>    via RDO Manager?
>    I was looking at the heat logs on /var/log/heat but they were too verbose.
>    Ideas?

I prefer to open a new shell and do:

heat resource-list -n5 overcloud | grep IN_PROGRESS.

Basically the same as the suggestion already made by Sasha.

You can then see each stage of the deployment happen, including nested
resources.

Alternatively for less detail, just do:

heat resource-list overcloud | grep IN_PROGRESS

Or, for more detail, you can look at the events:

heat event-list -n5 overcloud  (note, this is fairly inefficient at
present so takes a while to run).

It'd be good if we built something into the CLI which could automatically
show progress like this, I believe this is something that's already been
discussed and may even be in progress.

Steve