[Rdo-list] Trying to install the RDO

Marius Cornea marius at remote-lab.net
Tue Nov 17 18:52:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 7:43 PM, Hassan, Ashraf
<ashraf.hassan at t-mobile.nl> wrote:
> Thank that worked :-)
> To deploy the overcloud it says by default if you run:
> openstack overcloud deploy --templates
>
> You will get one controller node and one compute node, but I have defined 5 nodes, I can see them in ironice node-list, is there a guide how to modify the templates to create 2 controllers, and 3 computing nodes, and state which one is a controller and which is a compute? Also can I create the rest of the subnets later after deploying the overcloud? Right now I have only the subnet which will deploy using the PXE boot.

For nodes tagging( note that for ha a minimum of 3 controllers is required):
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/advanced_deployment/profile_matching.html#optional-manually-add-the-profiles-to-the-nodes

If you want to use multiple isolated networks then you need to prepare
some template before deployment. See the docs here:
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/advanced_deployment/network_isolation.html