[Rdo-list] Packaging the big tent (or at least part of it)

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Thu May 28 14:58:03 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 04:17:29PM +0200, Alan Pevec wrote:
> > My reasons for thinking we should stick with Fedora infra is similar to what
> > we're doing with CentOS.
>
> Fedora is also next EL so we get to play/fix in advance with new stuff
> e.g. systemd support before EL7, we developed service unit files on
> Fedora.

Exactly. The advantages of working with Fedora as it's being developed,
instead of our own silo does have a lot of tooling benefits, especially
for developers.

> > We use CBS and a lot of CentOS infra, but RDO is not _in_ CentOS.
> > It's in a CentOS SIG (Cloud SIG)
> >

> > I think Fedora needs the same concept as the CentOS SIGs...

There's the existing Fedora Cloud SIG. Observing other SIGs, very few
maintain sustained meaningful activity after the initial phase of
excitement to get started.

--
/kashyap