[Rdo-list] RDO-Manager ovecloud change existing plan, how?

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Wed May 27 13:10:01 UTC 2015

On 05/27/2015 06:01 AM, Pedro Sousa wrote:
> Hi Jay,
>
> thank you for you answer, in fact I was running instack-deploy-overcloud
> after those commands, I didn't realize it deleted the plan, so a couple
> of questions:
>
> - Should I run something like "heat stack-create -f
> tuskar_templates/plan.yaml -e tuskar_templates/environment.yaml"
> instead? Will it work?

Almost. You'll need to download the templates with your configuration
changes from Tuskar first:

tuskar plan-templates -O tuskar_templates $PLAN_ID

So to recap what you're doing:

- Updating the plan configuration in Tuskar (the calls in your original
e-mail)
- Downloading the latest copy of the plan and its configuration from
Tuskar (the call I listed above)
- Send that to Heat to create the stack (the call you listed above)