[Rdo-list] Packaging the big tent (or at least part of it)

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 27 08:51:45 UTC 2015

> Steve,
>
> Packaging a client library is at most a 1 hour job.  Testing it is another
> matter however :)  The only downside I see is there has to be someone
> willing to do the packaging, meaning someone has to care about the project
> from an RDO perspective.  I¹m happy to take on maintainership of the
> Magnum packages for RDO (not to include puppettizing them, because I am
> not learning puppet;), but for your proposal to work well, we need
> maintainers for all the things.

You're welcome to take ownership for Magnum packages :)
+1 for having identified Point of Contacts for every components, it won't work
otherwise.

> If puppet isn¹t a requirement for inclusion in RDO, then it should be
> fairly easy to find volunteers in thee upstream communities to do the job.

It's not a hard requirement, we're already including community contributed
components (ie: GBP in Juno) without Puppet/packstack support.

As a reviewer, I will enforce that default package configuration makes
it easy to
run and test services.

Regards,
H.