[Rdo-list] Packaging the big tent (or at least part of it)

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 26 23:42:51 UTC 2015

> Hi all,
>
> At the community meetup, which we held in a somewhat lightning talk focused format due to time constraints, we touched on the subject of packaging the big tent [1] and said that if something was under OpenStack governance we (as a community, not we as in Red Hat) would be willing to accept it into RDO assuming somebody was willing to package/maintain it.
>
> Now packaging isn't really my end of things so I have to admit I haven't been paying exhaustive attention to the discussion about opening up the packaging infrastructure to external contributions, but I have been approached by one or two people who would be interested in packaging projects that have recently been added to the OpenStack namespace and they either develop or maintain a key interest in. Is there a quickstart I can point such potential contributors at?

Hi Steve,

we have an excellent documentation (thanks to Jakub!) that explains
our workflow.
https://www.rdoproject.org/packaging/rdo-packaging.html

As for external contributors in packaging, you may address them
directly to Alan and/or I.
Our RDO packaging meetings every wednesday are a good starting point.

Regards,
H.