[Rdo-list] [Rdo-newsletter] RDO Community Newsletter - April 2015

David Kranz dkranz at redhat.com
Wed May 6 12:12:18 UTC 2015

On 05/06/2015 07:24 AM, Alan Pevec wrote:
>>> as a non-root user:
>>>
>>>   cd /usr/share/openstack-tempest-kilo
>>>   source keystonerc_admin # from packstack --allinone
>>>   tools/config_tempest.py --debug  --out /tmp/tempest.conf identity.uri
>>> $OS_AUTH_URL identity.admin_password $OS_PASSWORD --create
>> UPDATE, this worked:
>>   tools/config_tempest.py --out /tmp/tempest.conf --create identity.uri
>> $OS_AUTH_URL identity.admin_password $OS_PASSWORD scenario.img_dir
>> /tmp
> Tempest still wanted to write files all around its tree, I had to:
>
> cd ~ # or some other writable location
> cp -a /usr/share/openstack-tempest-kilo .
> cd openstack-tempest-kilo
> ./run_tempest.sh -N -C /tmp/tempest.conf --smoke
>
> This is obviously suboptimal and we need to figure out how to run from
> packaged files without copying them.
>

> Cheers,
> Alan
Upstream tempest was not really constructed to serve as a shared
library. It really wants its own dir to read/write and should not be run
from /usr/share/openstack-tempest-kilo. The missing step here is to run
/usr/share/openstack-tempest-kilo/tools/configure-tempest-directory
while in some other directory. This script creates some symlinks and
other files in that directory so that tempest can run without these
issues. It also allows you to run tempest against multiple clouds from
the same machine. Hope that helps.

  -David