[Rdo-list] [Rdo-newsletter] RDO Community Newsletter - April 2015

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:24:56 UTC 2015

>> as a non-root user:
>>
>>  cd /usr/share/openstack-tempest-kilo
>>  source keystonerc_admin # from packstack --allinone
>>  tools/config_tempest.py --debug  --out /tmp/tempest.conf identity.uri
>> $OS_AUTH_URL identity.admin_password $OS_PASSWORD --create
>
> UPDATE, this worked:
>  tools/config_tempest.py --out /tmp/tempest.conf --create identity.uri
> $OS_AUTH_URL identity.admin_password $OS_PASSWORD scenario.img_dir
> /tmp

Tempest still wanted to write files all around its tree, I had to:

cd ~ # or some other writable location
cp -a /usr/share/openstack-tempest-kilo .
cd openstack-tempest-kilo
./run_tempest.sh -N -C /tmp/tempest.conf --smoke

This is obviously suboptimal and we need to figure out how to run from
packaged files without copying them.

Cheers,
Alan