[Rdo-list] Better CMS for rdoproject.org WAS Re: Bugzilla component for website?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 19:34:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 02:18:29PM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> We talked, a year ago, about moving the site to middleman. At the time, the
> sentiment was that we wanted to keep it in a wiki, for ease of participation
> from the community...

Storing the content in git does not substantially reduce the ability
of the community to make contributions.  Ideally, we handle it sort
like the upstream openstack docs: all changes, from anybody, even
project maintainers, go in via the same mechanism (either a github PR
or a gerrit review, depending on preference)...

...and people get to use their editor of choice, rather than being
forced to abuse their web browser as an editor.

> It's definitely worth looking at again, and would let us keep all of this
> stuff in revision control rather than having it in SPOF database.

Among the many advantages this would bring!  Others being performance,
flexibility in choosing the rendering engine, more transparent change
history, etc.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | http://blog.oddbit.com/