[Rdo-list] GSoC Cloud in a Box

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Fri Jun 19 15:19:08 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 5:53 PM, sad man <asadxflow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Tom, That's a great way to go about it but it totally eliminates
> any programming/development from the task and as it is summer of code I
> need to implement an open source code base. So do you have any suggestions
> for me regarding maybe extending your idea to do some development?

:-/  I manually do it right now.

I build the DVD with all packages in the base, install with that, set the
cache, build the rest w/ internet access.

Then I tar up the cache, rebuild the DVD w/ only the used packages and
install that.  I copy the base and my tar onto where I want to create the
repo.  Then I build the rest w/ that repo enabled and the rest enabled.

It's a two step, tedious process to produce the non-internet version.  I'm
sure there are better ways to do it :-)  I wish I had time.