[Rdo-list] RDO packaging workflow diagram

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 16 08:42:01 UTC 2015

<john.haller at alcatel-lucent.com>:

> I looked at the packaging, and other than getting files into the
> right place, one challenge to semi-automating packaging is the
> mapping from the requirements.txt list of python package to the
> python RPM package names, especially since some python packages
> have multiple RPM packages. Is this mapping maintained anywhere?

Hi,

Jakub has been working on that topic to add requirements checking
features into rdopkg.
Since Fedora has consistent naming guidelines for python modules,
one could pretty much retrieve the package name from pypi name.
For the exceptions, we do maintain a mapping in rdopkg sources,
but it's planned to be put in a separate location when it'll grow, later.
https://github.com/redhat-openstack/rdopkg/blob/master/rdopkg/actionmods/pymod2pkg.py#L51

rdopkg reqdiff => diff between requirements.txt versions
rdopkg reqcheck => compare requirements.txt and spec requires
rdopkg reqquery => check versions of modules in requirements in repositories.

If you're interested in packaging, feel free to join our irc meetings
every wednesday
on #rdo.

Regards,
H.