[Rdo-list] Massive Un-Subscriptions?

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 14:02:30 UTC 2015

On 01/22/2015 08:42 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 01/22/2015 08:33 AM, Tomás Olivares wrote:
>> Looks like I was unsubscribed to the list somehow. Maybe it has to do
>> with the issue we were having a couple of days ago? Anyways, I just
>> re-subscribed but wanted to know if everyone got the same email.
>>
>> Good to be back though :)
>
> Once again, we're very sorry for the noise and the inconvenience. It
> appears that the addresses were subscribed in error, and they have all
> been removed, along with, apparently, a few false positives into the batch.
>
> We're still investigating how that happened, so that we can ensure that
> it doesn't happen again, but for now, the unsubscribe noise should be
> ended.

Thanks Rich.

For transparency, I was the one who did the mass unsubscribe of about
1100 email addresses.

I got a list of emails from our IT department of folks that were added
in a single transaction on Jan 19th. Unfortunately, I couldn't
differentiate between folks that were added that day in that transaction
vs. folks who were already on the list previously and were re-added by
that transaction.

So, unfortunately, as Rich mentions, there were a few people removed who
should not have been. Hopefully all of those folks just resubscribe
quickly, and then we'll be back to normal :)

Cheers,

Perry