[Rdo-list] Problem with Cinder (Juno) and Ceph

Walter Valenti waltervalenti at yahoo.it
Thu Jan 15 11:04:58 UTC 2015

Hi,
we're trying Juno with Ceph (Giant) integration on Centos7.

The problem is that Cinder-Volume ignores, the directives
for use rbd protocol, but every uses LVM.

This is our rbd configuration in cinder.conf:

[DEFAULT]

volume_driver=cinder.volume.drivers.rbd.RBDDriver
[rbd]
rbd_pool=volumes
rbd_user=cinder
rbd_ceph_conf=etc/ceph/ceph.conf
rbd_flatten_volume_from_snapshot=false
rbd_secret_uuid=ac94d7df-4271-4080-b1fd-8cf577bf7471
rbd_max_clone_depth=5
rbd_store_chunk_size=4
rados_connect_timeout=-1

We also tried with all configuration in "rdb" section, and
with all configuration in DEFAULT section, but the problem is the same.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Walter