[Rdo-list] [Manila] Don't see python-manilaclient package

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:17:20 UTC 2015

Hi,
  I installed RDO juno-1 (2 weeks back) on a 3-node setup.

I don't see the python-manilaclient package per the `yum search` i did,
hence cannot use Manila from command line. I don't think Manila is yet
integrated into horizon, so have to use manila cmdline to test the validity
of some of the glusterfs drivers that recently went into Manila

NOTE: manila specific packages were installed using `yum install ...` after
RDO 3 node setup was created. I understand that Manila is still a tech
preview/beta but i think manilaclient python package is missing.. Can
someone confirm pls ?

Below is some data from my setup:
==========================

[root at rhsdev1 ~]# yum search manila
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, priorities
 * base: mirror-fpt-telecom.fpt.net
 * epel: mirror.nus.edu.sg
 * extras: mirror.nbrc.ac.in
 * updates: mirror.nbrc.ac.in
============================================================================================================
N/S matched: manila
============================================================================================================
openstack-manila.noarch : OpenStack Shared Filesystem Service
openstack-manila-doc.noarch : Documentation for OpenStack Shared Filesystem
Service
openstack-manila-share.noarch : An implementation of OpenStack Shared
Filesystem Service
python-manila.noarch : Python libraries for OpenStack Shared Filesystem
Service

[root at rhsdev1 ~]# rpm -qa| grep rdo
rubygem-rdoc-4.0.0-22.el7_0.noarch
rdo-release-juno-1.noarch

[root at rhsdev1 ~]# rpm -qa| grep cinder
python-cinderclient-1.1.1-1.el7.centos.noarch
openstack-cinder-2014.2.1-1.el7.centos.noarch
python-cinder-2014.2.1-1.el7.centos.noarch

[root at rhsdev1 ~]# rpm -qa| grep manila
openstack-manila-2014.2-0.3.el7.centos.noarch
python-manila-2014.2-0.3.el7.centos.noarch
openstack-manila-doc-2014.2-0.3.el7.centos.noarch
openstack-manila-share-2014.2-0.3.el7.centos.noarch

[root at rhsdev1 ~]# yum install python-manilaclient
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, priorities
 * base: mirror.nbrc.ac.in
 * epel: mirror.nus.edu.sg
 * extras: mirror.nbrc.ac.in
 * updates: mirror.nbrc.ac.in
No package python-manilaclient available.
Error: Nothing to do

[root at rhsdev1 ~(keystone_admin)]# cinder list
+----+--------+--------------+------+-------------+----------+-------------+
| ID | Status | Display Name | Size | Volume Type | Bootable | Attached to |
+----+--------+--------------+------+-------------+----------+-------------+
+----+--------+--------------+------+-------------+----------+-------------+

[root at rhsdev1 ~(keystone_admin)]# manila list
-bash: manila: command not found
[root at rhsdev1 ~(keystone_admin)]#

[root at rhsdev1 ~(keystone_admin)]# file /usr/bin/cinder
/usr/bin/cinder: Python script, ASCII text executable

[root at rhsdev1 ~(keystone_admin)]# file /usr/bin/manila
/usr/bin/manila: cannot open (No such file or directory)
[root at rhsdev1 ~(keystone_admin)]#

thanx,
deepak