[Rdo-list] Decrease the memories of the undercloud

Ryan S. Brown ryansb at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 20:16:01 UTC 2015

The undercloud doesn't need to be discovered - only overcloud nodes
(compute etc) go through the discovery process.

Were you just reducing UC memory, you'd be fine just shutting it down
and reducing the memory. Since you're changing the compute node you
shouldn't need to delete it, you can just reboot both and re-run
discovery on the compute node.

On 12/15/2015 04:40 AM, Ashraf Hassan wrote:
> Hi All,
>      My undercloud has 48GB memories, and I am thinking to move memories
> to a compute node, so the final memories of the undercloud is 30GB, and
> I will do as per the following:
>      1- Delete the discovered compute node
>      2- Shutdown the undercloud as normal linux node.
>      3- Swap the memories.
>      4- Boot the undercloud
>      5-  Rediscover the node.
>      Is that correct? is 30GB for undercloud is enough?
> Thanks,
>   Ashraf

Ryan Brown / Senior Software Engineer, OpenStack / Red Hat, Inc.