[Rdo-list] An idea to improve RDO CI coverage

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Tue Dec 8 17:45:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Gerard Braad <me at gbraad.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 12:25 AM, David Moreau Simard <dms at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > We did something that bothered me a lot - we shipped what we
> > considered a stable GA for Liberty and we got some reports of packages
> > that were outright broken in the release.
> This is something we have experienced and I am glad something is being
> done about

I'm often trying to build a release some months after it gets released only
to find it stops working.

Kilo, released last spring, has broken with packages that get added or
removed from the epel or rdo repository.  In the meantime, everyone is
working on Mikata because Liberty just finished.

I end up making a private repo of all the installed packages so the repo
changes do not affect me as much, but it still happens.

For example, I still have a need for Icehouse.  This fall, when it was
EOL'd (and I agree it was time...) the URL for the repo was changed.  I
couldn't prevent packstack from trying to go to that URL even though I had
a private repo with all the required packages and they were already
installed.  I had to fake the URL and create a private web service to get
it working again.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.rdoproject.org/pipermail/dev/attachments/20151208/d008c359/attachment.html>

More information about the dev mailing list