[Rdo-list] DNS resolver problems w/ instack-virt-setup

Marius Cornea marius at remote-lab.net
Fri Apr 17 16:15:37 UTC 2015

Hi Lars,

192.168.122.1 is set on the virbr0 interface on the host (default
libvirt net) where under/overcloud VMs are running. The undercloud
node (instack VM) has 2 interfaces - one in the virbr0
bridge(192.168.122.0/24 subnet) and the other in the brbm ovs bridge
(192.0.2.0/24 subnet).  The overcloud nodes have one interface in the
brbm bridge and route the traffic through the undercloud node. You can
check that default gw on overcloud nodes is 192.0.2.1 (eth1 of instack
VM). The undercloud node masquerades all traffic coming from
192.0.2.0/24 so the overcloud nodes can get external connectivity,
including to 192.168.122.1 which handles the dns queries.