[Rdo-list] Problems with Openstack installation on CentOS 7

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo mangelajo at redhat.com
Tue Apr 14 12:33:01 UTC 2015

Ok, let’s first try to fix the inter-VM communication, then let’s look at the external network.

Question:
1) What kind of segmentation are you attempting? VLAN?
     I would recommend you to try VXLAN or GRE first.

     In such case you won’t need to modify your local eth0.xx, just specify
the local_ip on the ovs agent configuration, and of course all the other VXLAN bits (that’s
generally done automatically by packsack)

For the external network

you could plug your eth1 directly to the br-ex bridge, (without vlan tagged), and then specify:

http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/install-neutron.configure-networks.plug-in-specific.ovs.vlan.html <http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/install-neutron.configure-networks.plug-in-specific.ovs.vlan.html>
--provider:network_type vlan --provider:physical_network physnet1 --provider:segmentation_id SEG_ID
Make sure “physnet1” is the mapping that connects to your br-ex (bridge mappings on the packstack config, that’s
installed to the ovs agent configuration file).

This way neutron would handle the vlan tagging/untagging from/to your external network.

Alternatively, if you want to provide your network node/controller with an external IP address you can try to plug in eth1:1 instead
and keep eth1 for the system (warning, I haven’t tried this specifically, but I guess it may work).

Best,
Miguel Ángel Ajo

Miguel Angel Ajo