[Rdo-list] Will RDO support Juno on CentOS6?

Liping Mao -X (limao - YI JIN XIN XI FU WU(SU ZHOU)YOU XIAN GONG SI at Cisco) limao at cisco.com
Fri Sep 26 02:46:05 UTC 2014

Thanks Perry and Rich for your info.
It seems like we need to move to EL7 early or late, because community will drop the python2.6 when kilo.
So currently, I will focus on testing the Juno rpms in EL7.
Thanks again for your kindly help and quick response.

Regards,
Liping Mao

-----Original Message-----
From: rdo-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:rdo-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Perry Myers
Sent: 2014年9月26日 1:04
To: Rich Bowen; rdo-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Rdo-list] Will RDO support Juno on CentOS6?

On 09/25/2014 12:43 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 09/25/2014 10:16 AM, Perry Myers wrote:
>> In addition, we have limited resources for packaging, CI and testing.
>> If we could get help from other community members to take on the
>> burden of packaging for EL6, helping to test it and maintain CI jobs
>> for it, we would not be opposed to that. But with the existing RDO
>> packaging/CI team that we have, continuing to maintain BOTH EL6 and
>> EL7 is just too much.
>
> I want to draw attention to this statement. If you're that person - if
> you're the person in the community who has the packaging know-how and
> the desire to see this happen, we want to help you get up to speed to
> take on that task. We'd love to have people outside of the Red Hat
> engineering team doing some of the packaging work that we lack either
> the time or the priority to do.

+1

We don't want RDO to be a Red Hat only effort. We'd love contributors on the packaging, CI, testing, docs side to come from a wider community effort.

We'll invest time to help bring people up to speed and work with them so they can be productive and help out in any area that they want to contribute in.

The more the merrier :)