[Rdo-list] Permission denied on console.log after failed migration

Elías David elias.moreno.tec at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 00:17:07 UTC 2014

Hello, I've an issue, I started a migration of an instance (not live if
relevant), the instance was in a vmserver2 and it was supposed to start on
vmserver4, there it failed with the message "libvirtError Cannot access
/nova/instances/instance_uuid/console.log Access denied"

Both servers were installed with packstack, the permission on the file is
root:root 660 as it was on the original server.

Selinux is not used, nova user is capable of passworless ssh between servers

Libvirtd runs as root, operating system is CentOS 6.5, openstack version is
icehouse, I've checked permissions and logs and all I have is this
permission denied message

Dies anyone have experienced something similar?

Thanks in advance!