[Rdo-list] Installing RDO w/ Foreman + icehouse and ml2 plugin

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Sun Mar 16 12:02:25 UTC 2014

Hi all,

So far, I've been successful with the following setup on havana, but
icehouse had issue as below:
1x Controller
2x Compute + Network + Gluster

I forked the astapor repo so I can run the compute + networker in the same
module, along with a few other tweaks. [1]

So far everything is working, I plan on uploading my notes in a few days
but I've run into a few issues which I'm hoping someone could help:

- When using the icehouse repo, the controller hostgroup will install but
httpd will fail with 'no listening sockets available, shutting down, Unable
to open logs'. There were no selinux denies, or anything else in the log
files.

- From a brief look at the manifest and trial and error, it looks like the
ml2 plugin does have some support in the quickstack files. It however fails
at the neutron-db-manage. Manual steps: [2]
Error Output: [3]

I'm aware there's a few new projects going on to bridge the foreman and rdo
integration, I like the current foreman setup because it's very
customizable, but the key flaws are too many options. ie. if I'm using
VLANs, I don't want to see tunnel options etc.

Thanks,
Andrew.

[1] https://github.com/andrewklau/astapor
[2] http://openstack.redhat.com/ML2_plugin