[Rdo-list] can't access quantum API from network host

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 21:49:19 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 03:24:05PM -0400, Xin Zhao wrote:
> One thing strange is that quantum commands, like "quantum net-list", fail to
> run on the network host, returned "403 Forbidden" error message. But using
> the same admin credential, the quantum commands work from the controller
> node.

Are you certain the you're using the same credentialson the network
host?  I would start by comparing all the OS_ environments in your
environment on the controller with those on your network host (not
just the username/password, but also the value of OS_AUTH_URL).

You could watch both /var/log/neutron/server.log and
/var/log/keystone/keystone.log to see if there are any corresponding
errors that shed light on the problem.

You can run the client with --debug to make sure it's talking to what
you think it's talking to.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ irc
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | "   "  @ twitter