[Rdo-list] Demo system recommendations

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 18:01:06 UTC 2014

Today I went to a local University and did a "what is OpenStack"
presentation. When I got to the demo part, (all in one, on a laptop) I
couldn't log in to Horizon, and didn't have time to troubleshoot
on-site. Back home again, and everything works perfectly.

So, in retrospect, this was a case of poor planning, but I'd like to
figure out how to have it not happen again, preferably even if I have to
do a demo that is completely off-line.

Is it simply a matter of changing 192.168.0.x to 127.0.0.1 in all of my
OpenStack configuration files, or is there going to be more to it than that?

--Rich

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://openstack.redhat.com/