[Rdo-list] how to let cinder not in control node

Pádraig Brady pbrady at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 10:03:15 UTC 2014

On 06/23/2014 10:25 AM, Shake Chen wrote:
> Hi
>
> in the past , I can setting different role in different node, like cinder, nagios in different node.
>
> Now I try the newest packstack
>
> openstack-packstack.noarch             2014.1.1-0.21.dev1157.el6 @icehouse
>
> and found the answer file have change, many HOST can not setting, like cinder .
>
> why?

These new config vars as described in packstack.rst,
reflect the uses cases supported by packstack, compared to the
more fine grained control provided by the foreman based installer.

 **CONFIG_CONTROLLER_HOST**
    The IP address of the server on which to install OpenStack services specific to controller role
    such as API servers, Horizon, etc. This parameter replaced following deprecated parameters:
    CONFIG_CEILOMETER_HOST, CONFIG_CINDER_HOST, CONFIG_GLANCE_HOST, CONFIG_HORIZON_HOST,
    CONFIG_HEAT_HOST, CONFIG_KEYSTONE_HOST, CONFIG_NAGIOS_HOST, CONFIG_NEUTRON_SERVER_HOST,
    CONFIG_NEUTRON_LBAAS_HOSTS, CONFIG_NOVA_API_HOST, CONFIG_NOVA_CERT_HOST, CONFIG_NOVA_VNCPROXY_HOST,
    CONFIG_NOVA_SCHED_HOST, CONFIG_OSCLIENT_HOST, CONFIG_SWIFT_PROXY_HOSTS

 **CONFIG_COMPUTE_HOSTS**
    The list of IP addresses of the server on which to install the Nova compute service.
    This parameter replaced following deprecated parameters: CONFIG_NOVA_COMPUTE_HOSTS

 **CONFIG_NETWORK_HOSTS**
    The list of IP addresses of the server on which to install the network service such as
    Nova network or Neutron. This parameter replaced following deprecated parameters:
    CONFIG_NEUTRON_L3_HOSTS, CONFIG_NEUTRON_DHCP_HOSTS, CONFIG_NEUTRON_METADATA_HOSTS, CONFIG_NOVA_NETWORK_HOSTS

The older variables still work for backwards compat.

thanks,
Pádraig.