[Rdo-list] Setting up Neutron networking for the first time.

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 16:43:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 08:21:39AM -0500, brian lee wrote:
> I am moving from nova networking with Havana to a new install of Icehouse
> and I'm having problems wrapping my head around neutron networking. I
> currently have a separate vlan setup from my environment, 10.10.10.x
> (public) and 192.168.0.x (private). How do I go about connecting to the
> public vlan? How does the control node talk to it? Is there a guide out
> there that can help me, I have googled around and since there are many
> different ways to config this nothing is clicking for me.

There's an older wiki/doc (related to Grizzly) that speaks about OVS
with VLANs[1] but doesn't address your specific question.

Also, note that if you're just starting with Neutron networking, you may
have to be prepared for some deep troubleshooting :-)

  [1] http://openstack.redhat.com/Neutron_with_OVS_and_VLANs

--
/kashyap