[Rdo-list] Reminder: Community IRC meeting, Tuesday 9am Eastern

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 13:55:00 UTC 2014

On 06/02/2014 04:37 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Reminder that our weekly community IRC meeting will be held tomorrow
> morning, Tuesday, 9am Eastern, on the #rdo IRC channel on the Freenode
> network.
>
> The agenda for that meeting is at
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rdo_community_manager_sync
>
> The meeting typically takes about 45 minutes, but there's not much on
> the agenda this week.
>
> --Rich

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/rdo/2014-06-03/rdo_community_sync.2014-06-03-13.11.html
Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/rdo/2014-06-03/rdo_community_sync.2014-06-03-13.11.txt
Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/rdo/2014-06-03/rdo_community_sync.2014-06-03-13.11.log.html

============
#rdo Meeting
============

Meeting started by rbowen at 13:11:40 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/rdo/2014-06-03/rdo_community_sync.2014-06-03-13.11.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* LINK: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rdo_community_manager_sync
   (rbowen, 13:13:02)
* Test day  (rbowen, 13:15:12)
   * LINK: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Juno_Release_Schedule
     (rbowen, 13:17:35)
   * First Juno milestone is June 12. We should discuss with QE what kind
     of test day we want to do around that, if any.  (rbowen, 13:18:25)
   * Also check with packagers to see what the timeline will be for
     package availability around M1.  (rbowen, 13:19:00)
   * Define "good enough" as allinone works, multinode works with
     defaults and then announce a public test day.  (rbowen, 13:21:26)
   * ACTION: Start discussion on rdo-list about scheduling test day when
     M1 packages are "good enough"  (rbowen, 13:22:35)

* Hangout  (rbowen, 13:23:09)
   * hewbrocca will be doing a hangout THIS FRIDAY on TripleO. (rbowen,
     13:23:22)

* Newsletter  (rbowen, 13:24:51)
   * Newsletter goes to 2500 - 3000, only 6 responded to survey.
     (rbowen, 13:27:53)
   * Need to try to make the newsletter more engaging, more technical
     content  (rbowen, 13:28:07)
   * Will try to add bug stats, development stats, interesting bugs, etc.
     (rbowen, 13:28:21)

* Events  (rbowen, 13:30:58)
   * OpenStack Israel yesterday  (rbowen, 13:31:09)
   * Cincinnati CentOS dojo tomorrow  (rbowen, 13:31:22)
   * OpenStack Days UK (London) tomorrow  (rbowen, 13:31:31)
   * OSCon end of July  (rbowen, 13:31:44)
   * Flock beginning of August  (rbowen, 13:31:56)

* Bug triage  (rbowen, 13:34:50)
   * 17-June-2014 bug triage (third Wednesday of the month)  (rbowen,
     13:40:24)
   * Nova bug triage day (upstream) tomorrow.  (rbowen, 13:40:38)
   * LINK:
http://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/openstack/bugzilla/rdo-bug-status/all-rdo-bugs-03-06-2014.txt
     (rbowen, 13:41:03)
   * That's third Tuesday, not Wednesday. :-)  (rbowen, 13:41:25)

* Ask.openstack.org  (rbowen, 13:41:38)
   * Unanswered counts have crept back up. Expect me to start bugging you
     for help in the next week or so.  (rbowen, 13:43:00)

* CentOS Cloud SIG  (rbowen, 13:43:26)
   * Looking for assistance in getting more engaged with the CentOS
     community.  (rbowen, 13:50:12)

Meeting ended at 13:50:18 UTC.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison