[Rdo-list] RH OpenStack v4 Evaluation: Initial Setup: First Compute Node Doesn't Show Up in Hypervisor List

Lodgen, Brad Brad.Lodgen at centurylink.com
Wed Jul 2 17:23:20 UTC 2014

Thanks for the quick response! Based on the below log findings and what I just found searching, is this caused by the controller host group parameter "freeipa" being set to the default "false"? Change it to "true"?

On the compute node, I'm seeing this over and over in the compute log:

Unable to connect to AMQP server: Error in sasl_client_start (-1) SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Cannot determine realm for numeric host address). Sleeping 5 seconds

On the controller conductor log:

Unable to connect to AMQP server: Error in sasl_client_start (-1) SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Cannot determine realm for numeric host address). Sleeping 5 seconds

In the controller messages file:

python: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Cannot determine realm for numeric host address)