[Rdo-list] CentOS 6.5 Guest image file available now

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 22:32:24 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 05:20 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi Guys,
>
> Worth noting that we are going to be pushing OpenStack specific images
> in a few days as well from the centos.org side; These are also the
> images we will work with vendors to upstream into various public
> openstack offerings.

Thanks, that's where we want the image to end up anyhow :)

Are they really OpenStack specific though, or are they more 'Cloud
Enabled CentOS images'?

For Fedora/RHEL, we just have one qcow2 image that works across a
variety of Cloud platforms.

> One big difference is that we push an etc/cloud snippet to disable
> cloud-user and enable root logins ( without passwords ).

Isn't that a potential security issue?  On RHEL guest images we
explicitly disable root passwords and recommend folks who want to use
root passwords in their image to set them explicitly after downloading
an image via a tool like virt-sysprep.

> These images ( for c5/c6 on 32bit/64bit ) are due to be pushed on the
> 22nd Jan, and will go via the regular distribution channels.

Thanks!

Perry