[Rdo-list] First IRC RDO community meeting
rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 14 15:35:06 UTC 2014
On 01/14/2014 10:06 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Mike Burns and I have been meeting by phone for a few months to
> discuss various things around the RDO community. This call has grown,
> and this morning we moved it to IRC both to accommodate that growth
> and to make what we're working on a little more transparent to the
> community. We're going to do this regularly, 9am eastern time, on the
> #rdo channel on Freenode.
> The notes from this morning's chat are at
> ... however, it appears that we didn't do the log bot commands
> correctly, so I'll try to post a followup with the notes a little more
> coherent. A full log is at
> but I don't expect anybody wants to read through that.
Ok, here's the more coherent meeting summary. Meanwhile, we'll figure
out the log bot before the next time.
*#topic RDO Community meeting**
**Ether pad at: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rdo_community_manager_sync*
M2 release is scheduled for January 23rd. Although an initial date of
the 30th was suggested for the next test day, we want to be sure that we
have packages for all of the relevant platforms, and that QA has had a
chance to test them so that folks don't all run into the same issues.
February 4th and 5th have been suggested for possible test days. (Dates
are NOT final.)
Action: Rich will follow up on rdo-list with email about proposed dates
to see if this works for everyone.
Action: Rich will also write up a blog post for RedHatStack for wider
Action: Flavio said he'd try to get Marconi packaged up for the test day.
I'd like to start doing the hangouts again. We had a good start, and
then I dropped it. So I need to start bugging people about doing some
more. If you'd like to volunteer for a 30-60 minute presentation on what
you're working on, please speak up.
I'm starting to gather items to write about in the February RDO newsletter.
We send this out to about 2000 people every month. If you're not on
there, you can join at
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-newsletter If you have
anything you'd like to have mentioned in the newsletter, please add it
to that etherpad. If you'd like to write something for the newsletter,
please contact rbowen at redhat.com.
Current topics include:
CentOS Cloud SIG
RDO bug triage meeting
FOSDEM is February 1-2 in Brussels. Rich is planning to do (audio)
interviews (10 minutes roughly) with anybody and everybody that's
involved in RDO. These might be used on the RDO site, or on Joe
Brockmeier's new 'Cloud Forecast' podcast. See
http://drbacchus.com/flavio-percoco-on-openstack-marconi for an example
of the ones that I did at OpenStack Summit. If you'd like to talk to the
world about what you're doing on OpenStack, and you'll be at FOSDEM,
just come talk to me. I'll have my recorder in my pocket.
If you'd like to talk about what you're doing on OpenStack and you won't
be at FOSDEM, email rbowen at redhat.com and we'll set up a phone/skype thing.
The schedule for the Virtualization/IaaS devroom at FOSDEM has been
After FOSDEM, there's a second event called Infrastructure.next. I
posted to rdo-list about it last week:
If you'd like to speak at infrastructure.next contact jzb at redhat.com
Not much to say here, other than, we have cool stats, done by the same
folks that do Stackalytics - Bitergia. They're interesting and
informative, and if you haven't looked yet, have a look. They're pretty
awesome, particularly if you're a stats geek like me.
CentOS Cloud SIG
If you're not on the centos-devel mailing list, it would be a good thing
to join if you're interested in RDO on CentOS.
mburned, and many other people, have started "Let's have a Cloud SIG"
thread. There's an organizational kickoff meeting for the CentOS Cloud
SIG on a Google hangout on 23-Jan.
The consensus is, I think, coming around to let's have one unified cloud
sig with variants for each cloud platform (openstack, eucalyptus,
opennebula, cloudstack, and so on) There's clearly a lot of energy, and
people wanting to see this happen. So jump in and speak up.
Bug triage meeting
A bug triage meeting has been organized for the 3rd Wednesday of each
month here on IRC. First meeting set for tomorrow 15-Jan at the same
time as this meeting.
We'll review the current open issues and bugs during this meeting. We'll
also re-evaluate the recurrence of this meeting if we find that it's too
much or not enough.
Anyone interested in participating can just show up.
Open Forum Questions
(See list in etherpad)
People have been incredibly responsive when I've bugged them about
answering questions. There are, however, a handful of questions -
probably the first 4 in the list - that have been open a long time and
could use some love. I also need to figure out how to filter questions
that are answered, but the answer hasn't been accepted. I don't know how
many folks actually bother to accept/agree the answer - it's not very
many. So there's actually a lot of questions where someone has posted an
answer, but it's not really an answer, it's more of a comment.
Proposal: Add a "solution-proposed" flag or similar. But we need people
to have enough karma to convert comments to answers and vice versa, and
to add tags.
is the unanswered RDO list. 17 this morning. We've been holding at
around 9 for the last few weeks.
I also need to work some with the API to get some reports of things that
have been unanswered and/or without activity for a long time.
Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dev