[Rdo-list] RDO bug triage recurring IRC meeting on #rdo

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Thu Jan 9 15:02:43 UTC 2014

On 01/09/2014 03:05 PM, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 11:31:07PM +0100, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
>> I'm writing this to see if we can have a rough consensus on a recurring
>> day/timing (of course we may not satisfy everyone) for a recurring RDO
>> bug triage on #rdo channel on Freenode.
>
> Do you have any thoughts as to frequency?

Given the amount of churn, maybe twice/thrice a month would be fine?
(of-course, we're flexible). And, there's per-component bug triage going
on every week anyway too.

> I don't have a sense right
> now of how frequently new bugs are coming in.

I don't have full statistics at hand. A guesstimate: 708 / week
(sometimes more - like test days, last 2 days, we had like 48 bugs)

> I'm tempted to say
> something like "the third Wednesday of every month".

Works for me.

Re: timing, currently can I propose UTC 14:00?

That translates to:

EST:

  $ date -d '2014-01-22 14:00 UTC'
  Wed Jan 22 09:00:00 EST 2014

CET:

  $ date -d '2014-01-22 14:00 UTC'
  Wed Jan 22 15:00:00 CET 2014

IST: (/me will be here soon for sometime)

  $ date -d '2014-01-22 14:00 UTC'
  Wed Jan 22 19:30:00 IST 2014

Does that work for most folks?

>> Comments/thoughts? And, when can we have the first 'official' (so to
>> speak) IRC bug triage day?
>
> Well, next Wednesday (1/22) would be the third Wednesday of this
> month, if that works for anybody but me :).

Works for me :-)

>> PS: /me's availability will be bleak next week due to some personal
>> commitments. (And, also won't be available on 20/21 JAN). So, please
>> co-ordinate here/IRC & proceed w/ triaging if things work out for rest
>> of the folks.
>
> It would be nice if you were around for the first one just to start
> things rolling.

Sure, will try to be around, if it's 22JAN. And, there are many
experienced folks on this list (including yourself :-) )

And, I know folks would anyway be doing impromptu triaging in the meantime.

Thanks.

--
/kashyap