[Rdo-list] python-backports is arch-specific?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 3 19:39:26 UTC 2014

Hey, I'm mainly asking for RHEL 6.5 but also using Fedora 19 and when
updating to the latest python-backports-ssl_match_hostname it requires
python-backports to avoid a file conflict.

However, I noticed that while python-backports-ssl_match_hostname is
noarch, python-backports is arch-specific.  Looking at the source for
backports, it's not really clear to me why that is - can someone explain
if it's intentional or a packaging oversight?

--

Thanks,

Matt Riedemann