[Rdo-list] Query regarding RDO Juno-1 install on CentOS7

Patrick Laimbock patrick at laimbock.com
Mon Dec 29 15:34:47 UTC 2014

On 29-12-14 15:39, Deepak Shetty wrote:
>  > You need to disable NetworkManager and enable network service. Before
> you run Packstack you will also need to setup the ifcfg-XXXX network
> interfaces on all nodes and activate them.
>
> Why can't packstack handle this itself if it doesn't support NM? I m

Ask the developers. Patches welcome.

> concerned about the manual steps involved and losing on my n/w
> connections in case i do anything wrong.

Yes that's a risk so make sure to have the steps figured out before
doing anything. Having direct access to a (serial) console comes in
handy if things fall apart.

> Is there any reference on how
> to do this, i couldn't find anything specific on the quickstart page.

I'm not aware of an RDO guide on this subject. The steps on each node are:
- create appropriate ifcfg-XXX files
- stop NetworkManager
- disable NetworkManager
- enable network
- start network

You probably want to do the last 4 steps in one long command or else you
will loose connectivity after stopping NetworkManager if you are not
using a console.

HTH,
Patrick