[Rdo-list] Query regarding RDO Juno-1 install on CentOS7

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 14:39:34 UTC 2014

On Dec 29, 2014 8:00 PM, "Patrick Laimbock" <patrick at laimbock.com> wrote:

> On 29-12-14 14:06, Deepak Shetty wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>    I was able to install 3-node RDO juno-1 (rdo-release-juno-1.noarch)
>> over CentOS7, but at the end of install it gave me this ...
>> Questions prefixed with Q: inline below:
>>
>> Additional information:
>> * Time synchronization installation was skipped. Please note that
>> unsynchronized time on server instances might be problem for some
>> OpenStack components.
>>
>> *Q: Do i need to sue ntpd to ensure all my systems are in sync, whats
>>
>> the recommended way here ?*
>

> All your nodes need to have the correct time. You can specify an NTP
server in the Packstack answer file or as a CLI option and then Packstack
will configure your nodes to use that NTP server. If you don't specify an
NTP server then Packstack doesn't handle NTP so you will have to do it
yourself. Either way, make sure that all nodes always have the correct time.

Thanks, will try this.

>> * Warning: NetworkManager is active on <IP1>, <IP2> and <IP3>. OpenStack
>> networking currently does not work on systems that have the Network
>> Manager service enabled.
>>
>> *Q: Do i need to disable NetworkManager.service on all or is it safe to
>>
>> ignore this? What exactly doesn't work with NetworkManager ?
>

> You need to disable NetworkManager and enable network service. Before you
run Packstack you will also need to setup the ifcfg-XXXX network interfaces
on all nodes and activate them.

Why can't packstack handle this itself if it doesn't support NM? I m
concerned about the manual steps involved and losing on my n/w connections
in case i do anything wrong.  Is there any reference on how to do this, i
couldn't find anything specific on the quickstart page.